Our aim here at St Mary’s Surgery is to keep in you in good health and help you have an enjoyable and successful time at university.
Which GP Surgery should you register with?
- If you are from Southampton and are commuting to university then you should stay registered where you are.
- If your new post code in Southampton is SO14 1, SO14 2, SO14 3, SO14 5 and SO14 7, you are welcome to register with St Mary’s Surgery.
- For all other postcodes find a local GP surgery to register with.
Registering with St Mary’s Surgery
You are able to register with St Mary’s Surgery using the online registration form by clicking the button below. You can do this before you arrive once you know the details of your new address. You will be asked to confirm proof of identity and date of birth and we may contact you by phone to verify this. Please ensure that you attach your photo ID with your registration. We will use these details to check it matches with the information held on the NHS central patient registry and that your previous medical notes are passed on to the practice.
You will also be able to do this in person during your first week at University as staff from St Mary’s Surgery will be on site at the University to assist you.
When completing the online forms, you will also fill out a medical questionnaire. This is needed as it can take a considerable amount of time for us to receive your medical records.
Tips on completing the form:
- If you do not know your NHS number, please leave it blank.
- Your “home address” is your new address in Southampton.
- Your “previous address” is the address where you have just moved from to come to Southampton
If you are unable to complete the above form, please contact the surgery on 023 8033 3778 and speak to the Reception Supervisors or e-mail the surgery at the following address: SOCCG.email@example.com
On completion of the above form, you will be registered at both St. Mary’s Surgery and Telephone House Surgery. Please browse our website to familiarise yourself with services we offer and how you can access them.
Please remember to tell us whenever you change your mobile phone number and let us know if you are happy for us to contact you by text message.
Other student services
At some time during your university education, you may need to make an application for Disabled Students Allowance (DSA) or a request to support compelling personal reasons (CPR). In order to request this, please click on the link below for information on how to request this: