- 24,500 patients
- 2 purpose built sites
- Inner city practice specialising in addressing inequalities associated with ethnic diversity and deprivation
- A young, varied, multicultural patient population
- Lead practice and employer for PCN with a strong history of collaboration and innovation.
- 12 salaried GPs with additional academic, educational and organisational interests
- Specialised admin team who handle all medical reports
- 9 Practice nurses, 2 Advanced Nurse Practitioners and 4 Health Care Assistants
- Experienced management team – admin, reception, HR, IT and finance leads
- 5 partner clinical/business management team
- PCN additional role staff available to help with doctor workload – social prescribers, pharmacists and physician associates
- High levels of staff retention throughout all teams
- Established training practice with 3 GP registrar trainers
- One to one in house mentoring program
- Protected time for learning and clinical supervision
- 6 weeks holiday and one week study leave pro rata for GPs
- In-house, all-staff, one hour training program every week
- Opportunity to develop and mentor new teams within PCN/ARRS
Collaboration and innovation
- History of collaborative working in the city prior to development of PCNs.
- Developed city wide acute visiting service with local federation.
- Supported CCG with citywide COVID response providing hot site and clinical input.
- Winner of the 2016 Jo’s trust cervical cancer screening award
- Developed and piloted the local liver pathway which reduced hepatology referrals by one third
IT and organisation
- Advanced IT infrastructure
- Early adopters of Workflow Optimisation – an enhanced document management process
- Accu rx and eConsult enabled